To obtain the best results from your spotter system follow these rules:
- Test spotters on inconspicuous area first.
- Always blot up excess liquid with white toweling or scrape off excess of loose or sticky matter.
- On small spots (20 cent size) apply spotter by blotting with toweling. Slightly overspray spotter around stain to remove the chance of ring forming and to reduce the "clean spot" look.
- On large stains always apply spotter to towel and gently wipe towards centre.
- Check for stain transfer to towel, keep turning towel to absorb excess moisture. Never rub the stain with towel or brush, as this causes pile distortion and can even untwist pile.
- Extract, blot or rinse before moving to next spot.
- Solvents should always be applied by towel except on gum, paint spots and candle wax. If solvent is ever applied directly, it may de-laminate rubber backed carpet or solublise the tar on carpet tiles.
- Never leave spotters in the carpet for more than a minute and always rinse. The exception to this is Research Products BROWNING TREATMENT which is self neutralising and keeps on working until it dries.