Health and Safety
Always check the product label before using any product. The label is the most accessible form of information and will provide:
- What the product is used for.
- How to use it correctly.
- Any warnings and dangerous goods information.
- First aid advice and emergency contact details.
- Dilution rates.
If the label is missing or cannot be read, do not use the product.
Always dilute products according to usage instructions and only use dispenser bottles correctly labeled for the product being used.
Cleaning solutions that are too strong (too much chemical):
- Can damage surfaces and fittings
- May leave chemical residues
- Is a waste of money
Cleaning solutions that are too weak (not enough chemical):
- Won’t clean effectively
- Always ensure a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is available for further technical details and first aid information. The MSDS must be less than 5 years old.
Chemicals must not be decanted for re-sale.
Never mix chemicals. All products are designed to work as effectively and safely as possible. Chemical mixtures may cause dangerous reactions and will not have a MSDS in the event of an accident.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Wear chemical resistant gloves.
- Wear safety glasses/face shields when preparing cleaning solutions.
- Wear aprons or adequate clothing to protect you from spills or over spray.
Always check application details and test the product in an inconspicuous area and on an appropriate surface prior to use. For example, test carpet spotters behind a door or furniture to test for colourfastness.
Always follow the manufacturer’s specifications for fabric/hard surfaces prior to cleaning, and ensure equipment is tested prior to use.
Always dispose of cleaning solutions and waste appropriately.
The Woolsafe organization is a worldwide accreditation programme for cleaning and maintenance products suitable for wool and other fibres. Products are submitted for independent testing to Cleaning Research International, the official Test House, which subjects them to a series of internationally recognised tests:
- To establish that they meet recognised standards of performance regarding cleaning, spot removal or protection against soiling or staining
- They do not have a deleterious effect on wool carpets regarding colour fastness, quick re-soiling, fiber damage or odour
- They are safe to use and safe once they have been applied
For more information, please refer to the product label, Product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheet downloadable at www.oateslaboratories.com.au or visit www.dryfusionuk.com